Materials List: You've Got Triangles!
Each group needs:
- protractors, one per student
- Triangles Activity Assessment, two per student (pre/post)
- Triangles Activity Worksheet, one per student
To share with the class:
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robot, such as EV3 Core Set (5003400) at https://education.lego.com/en-us/products/lego-mindstorms-education-ev3-core-set/5003400#lego-mindstorms-education-ev3; alternatively, if enough LEGO robot kits are available, provide one for each student group, instead of sharing one kit with the entire class.
- computer with USB cable, to download and transfer ev3 file
- painters tape, or other tape suitable to mark a triangle shape on the classroom floor
- a stack of textbooks, to use to line the triangle shape taped on the floor
- a class set of rulers, yardsticks or meter sticks
Note: This activity can also be conducted with the older (and no longer sold) LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT set instead of EV3; see below for those supplies:
- LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Base Set