Each group needs:
- 1 PFPD kit (teacher-prepared*)
- laminated handouts of PFPD schematic and fluid power basics
- 2 containers, one filled with mixed "material," one empty; example material: white and colored Styrofoam pieces
*The PFPD kits are not available for sale. They were designed using common parts that can be ordered or found locally and can be put together by teachers or their support organizations. See the PFPD Assembly Manual for a parts list, bill of materials, assembly instructions and safety instructions. The bill of materials includes suggested sources and part numbers. Some teachers have used local grants to secure the funding to purchase parts and then engaged higher ability students to build the kits for use in other classes. For additional questions, refer to the associated lesson and the following CCEFP websites: http://www.ccefp.org/education/teaching-and-learning-resources/, http://www.ccefp.org/get-involved/k-12-teachers/teaching-and-learning-resources and http://ccefp.org/-13.
To share with the entire class:
- access to source of compressed air
- towels and/or mops to clean up any spilled water