Materials List: Using the Pythagorean Theorem to Catch the Perfect Radio Waves!
Each group needs:
- Sharp® GP2Y0A02YK0F Sensor, for $14.50, available from Acroname Robotics at http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R144-GP2Y0A02YK.html
- 4 AA battery holder with cover and switch, for $2, available from Pitsco Education at https://www.pitsco.com/AA-Battery-Holders-with-Cover-and-Switch?SKU=32971&
- 4 AA alkaline batteries, for $2 per pair, available from Pitsco Education at https://www.pitsco.com/Batteries?SKU=51046&
- mini multimeter, for $24, available from Pitsco Education at https://www.pitsco.com/Mini-Multimeter?SKU=31912&
- 2 #4-40 x 3/4 screws, such as product #1170 for 12¢, with 2 combo hex nuts, available from Bolt Depot at https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=1170; also available for 7¢ from Bolt Depot at https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?Units=US&Category=Nuts&Subcategory=Hex_machine_screw_nuts&Material=Brass&Plating=&Grade=&Finish=&Thread_direction=Right_hand&Thread_density=Coarse&Diameter=%234&Thread_count=40&nv=rel
- 2 wire connectors, such as a 25-pack, available from Lowes at https://www.lowes.com/pd/IDEAL-25-Pack-Plastic-Wing-Wire-Connectors/1000138283
- alligator clips, such as from Lowes at https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-16-Count-Disconnects-Wire-Connectors/999953182
- 2 clear suction hooks, for $2.28 per 3-pack, available from Home Depot at https://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-5-lb-Clear-Plastic-Suction-Cup-Hooks-3-Pack-54404/202341596
- precision screwdriver, for $9 per set, available from Lowes at https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-Precision-5-Piece-Screwdriver-Set/1000234943
- zip lock bag or plastic produce bag, to organize group materials as a "kit"
To share with the entire class:
- screw eyes, for $3.50 per box of 100, available from Pitsco Education at https://www.pitsco.com/Standard-Screw-Eyes?SKU=15109&
- masking tape
- fishing line or string, for a finishing line